Please note the following information on building permits and Certificates of Appropriateness while City Hall is closed to the public.
Please submit any building permit applications electronically to Zeke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All building permits that expire in the next 30 days (on or before April 15, 2020) will automatically be extended by 30 days unless life safety issues are at stake.
To remit payment for building permits, contact Susan at email@example.com.
To apply for a Contractor License, contact Reba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historic District - Certificates of Appropriateness
Please contact Lindsey at email@example.com to discuss your projects in the Historic District.
Administrative Certificates of Appropriateness will continue to be processed as usual.
Certificates of Appropriateness requiring Historic Preservation Commission approval will be suspended until further notice, as HPC will not meet until after City Hall is reopened to the public.
All contractors must obtain a contractor's license with the City which must be completed and filed with the City Clerk.
If you are completing work on a historic property, a certificate of appropriateness must be obtained by completing a Historic Preservation Application.
Building resources and guidelines may be found in the following:
- Standards and Specifications for Design and Construction - April 1, 2013
- Standards and Specifications for Design and Construction - January 1, 2013
- Municipal Code Chapter 18: Building Regulations
- Historic Design Guidelines
- Roofing Requirements (2016)
- Historic District Map
Additional permits may be required depending on the work:
- Street Cut/ROW Permit Application
- Street Closure Permit Application
- Blasting Permit Application & Checklist
- Excess Vehicle Size Permit Application
- Excavation Access and Street Use Permit Application