Please note the following information on building permits and Certificates of Appropriateness.
Central City Building Official - Mike Theisen (Charles Abbott and Associates) - 303-775-5129
To remit payment for building permits, contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a Contractor License, contact Reba at email@example.com.
Historic District - Certificates of Appropriateness
Please contact Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your projects in the Historic District.
Administrative Certificates of Appropriateness will continue to be processed as usual. The HPC is currently meeting virtually on the second Wednesday of every month. Please contact Lindsey to add your project to the agenda.
All contractors must obtain a contractor's license with the City which must be completed and filed with the City Clerk.
If you are completing work on a property in the Historic District, a Certificate of Appropriateness must be obtained by completing a Historic Preservation Application.
Building resources and guidelines may be found in the following:
- Standards and Specifications for Design and Construction - April 1, 2013
- Standards and Specifications for Design and Construction - January 1, 2013
- Municipal Code Chapter 18: Building Regulations
- Historic Design Guidelines
- Roofing Requirements (2016)
- Historic District Map
- Procedure for Contemporaneous Reviews
Additional permits may be required depending on the work:
- Street Cut/ROW Permit Application
- Street Closure Permit Application
- Blasting Permit Application & Checklist
- Excess Vehicle Size Permit Application
- Excavation Access and Street Use Permit Application
To schedule an inspection, please click here.
For call-in inspections, please contact: 800-735-0149
Per Dwelling Unit
Law Enforcement - $573.59
Fire Protection - $1,385.08
Public Works - $2,338.00
Culture and Recreation - $875.51
Public Facilities - $1,865.76
Commercial - Non Gaming
Per Sq. Ft.
Law Enforcement - $.52
Fire Protection - $1.34
Public Works - $4.20
Culture and Recreation - $.92
Public Facilities - $1.79